Guide made by a member of r/FMHY ♥
The biggest drawback of this is the 500mb limit imposed by virustotal :(
Normally, you'll need to download the exe or zip to scan the app and then upload it on virustotal right? But the same can be achieved with the help of using google colab and google drive without the need to download the exe (in most cases). Also, without the need of your own bandwith since we're using google colab to upload the files on virustotal.
I highly suggest making a teamdrive on a dummy account before following the guide:
NOTE: This doesn't work with folders, only works with
FILES. If you wanna use folders make sure to
ZIP the file using this: Click Here
- Open this colab- https://colab.research.google.com/github/Lostvale0/Tools/blob/main/Virustotal%20Scan.ipynb
- Click on
Install All Dependencies(It will prompt you to mount your drive so make sure to give access to it and it will then install a few tools)
If both these methods don't work you're out of luck. You'll then need to manually download the file and then scan it on virustotal.
In order to upload the file to google drive we'll need to find the direct link of the file. There are two ways to find it ⬇
After finding the direct download link paste it in the field
- Click on the folder icon on the left and then you should see something like this
- Now you can either save the file in your personal drive (Not recommended) or in your team drive. Click on any of them as shown in the image
- You can additionally make a folder in the shared drive or your personal drive and then
Copy pathso its easier to segregate.
- After finding the path paste it in
- Click on the run icon till it finishes
- Go to Virustotal and register to grab the api key
- Copy the file path of the exe where you saved the file as shown in the image
- Both the fields should look like this
- Then just click on the run and wait
- You should be getting something like this